Soroptimist believes the most effective way to empower women and girls is by providing them with access to education. Educated women and girls are far more likely to realize their potential.
DREAM IT * BE IT
Soroptimist’s global program for girls – Dream It, Be It: Career Support for Girls – targets girls in secondary school who face obstacles to their future success. It provides girls with access to professional role models, career education and resources to live their dreams. Career support includes help and assistance to pursue an occupation that will offer opportunities for long-term success. Although we don’t think all girls will know what they want to do for the rest of their lives, the skills they learn in Dream It, Be It will help them regardless of the career they choose to pursue or when they choose to pursue it.
The Objective Is To Increase the Number of Girls Who:
- Feel prepared to pursue their career goals.
- Feel comfortable creating achievable goals.
- Have tools to overcome obstacles to success.
- Understand the importance of resilience.
- Can connect personal values with possible careers.
- Feel more confident about their future success.
- Have professional role models